Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Hi jphicks,

I don't have an ETA at present, although I can tell you the issue has been logged at medium priority.
I'll make it known that more people are having difficulties due to this issue.

P.S. When did you last use Act emarketing? There have been regular updates to the platform. It also includes many templates with are designed with responsive mobile layouts. These are marked with the orange phone ribbon on the template:

chrome_2016-05-18_12-32-08.png

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks Gary,

I will try it again. I had a look this week after our 18 upgrade and it didnt look much different than a year ago so I will give it another try.

Please keep us posted on the ETA for the fix.

Jason Hicks

Highlighted

Agreed! WHEN WILL IT BE RESOLVED??? Or will requests for Refunds, Billing for Lost Time and/or large-scale, class-action litigation urge this organization to deliver what it promises?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Gary W,

Just following up on this bug, its been in play for quite some time and as mentioned earlier its the reason we recently spent $ 5000 on upgrading our systems (Excluding installation costs).  We need to use the email merge feature to smaller mail outs carried out directly by our sales team.  

I have signed up for e-marketing and am using that for larger centrally issued jobs, and while the interface is still very clunky, and customisation options limited, it is doing the job.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Just had a phone call from an MD of a long standing client (24 User) who was looking at going from V16 to V18 but also looking at other options. They had a presentation from Salesforce at the end of last week and they had a list of all the current defects in ACT V18 and highlighted the current problem with the email merge which is key to the clients current use of ACT. (Looked at emarketing but wanted to continue to use ACT as they have done for some years now.) Any help you can give on a reassurance that this will be resolved and time frame would be a very big help right now. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I would advise them to change.

I teach the Diploma in Professional Sales, and we know from objective studies that the biggest impact on sales force adoption of CRM is not whether Users perceive it will help them do their job - the biggest impact is on perceived ease of use.  And the (now not so) new version of ACT is woeful in that respect.  That's certainly the advice I'm providing clients...  

Highlighted

Just installed the latest version of Act! Pro using a clean PC with Windows 10 and Office 2016. Same issue. Mail merges sent via templates from within Act (connected to Outlook) create emails with the embedded pictures also appearing as attachments.

Has this issue been addressed yet?

Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Gordon,

We are currently Investigating what is needed to fix this issue for inclusion in our upcoming Act! v19 update. Depending on the complexity and resources needed, we will look into the possibility of backporting this fix to v18, although I cannot guarantee this.

The alternate mail merge options available though Act! emarketing or Act! Internet mail should allow you to work around this defect in the meantime.

We are aware this defect is affecting the workflow of many users, and we are working diligently towards resolving this issue, along with implementing the other planned email system improvements scheduled for Act v19.

Highlighted

Gary W. - 

Not sure if this can help the problem:

BEFORE: When I would do a MailMerge of a single message to a single Contact, once in a while, the Image for our Banner (Company Logo) - and likely other Images in the message (like Signature Images) - would not show up in the Preview with an error message (not the Image itself, but the error message) - at that time, I would cancel the MailMerge and do it again until the Image correctly showed up in the Preview, then send. This problem NEVER occurred in a MailMerge to a larger Lookup group of Contacts.

NOW: The Image ALWAYS shows up in the Preview without the error message! What's now occurring (THE PROBLEM!) is that other Images (those in my Outlook Signature) are showing up correctly in the Preview, yet ALSO showing up as an Attachment (which is THE PROBLEM!) Tests here have shown that the Problem occurs for single messages as well as multiple (to a Lookup Group) messages.

PLEASE CORRECT THIS SOON!!

Hope this helps your Team.

Highlighted

Gary W. - 

Thanks for the possible alternatives...I am testing them now.

Just want to make sure that I am not additionally charged for using Act! emarketing or Act! Internet mail, particularly when this is a "workaround" to something that doesn't presently work in the ACT product we have paid for.

Please confirm.