Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I am still unable to provide a confirmed fix date for this issue. As mentioned above, we identified that more significant changes are required to resolve this for users of Office 2013 and 2016. These versions have a very different underlying cause for the problem.

Work on this issue is ongoing as part of our current Act! v20 project, and we still plan to create an earlier update we can make available to customers, We do however need this first stage of work to complete before the feasibility and timescale of an update can be determined.

I appreciate this is very frustrating, and we are looking at options to accelerate the above work. I'll provide further information the moment I have it.

Regards,
Stuart

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your response. 

I suggest that we be updated regularly, say every 2 weeks would be reasonable, even though there may be no news to tell. That provides some confidence to customers that the issue hasn't slid into the too hard bin. Is that reasonable? . 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Graeme,

Yes, that's very reasonable. I'll be sure to provide updates more regularly.

Regards,

Stuart

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Stuart,

There doesn't appear to have been any update in 3 weeks.

Could you please advise on the status of this issue.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Stuart,

We do need to know, rather than play this hide and seek game so the whole community can make business decisions as to the future of Act! .  

1. Has work commenced as of today to address the issue with Outlook 2016 or not?
  2. Is there any plan at all to fix this issue within the next 4 weeks?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Stuart, please could you supply us with an answer.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I am at a loss to explain to clients why this is still an outstanding defect. Why is ACT, as far as I can tell, the only major CRM system that is still having this problem?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

We have been a user of Act! for over 15years with 50+ users, perhaps its now time to look for an alternative.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi everyone,

Apologies I could not get an update posted here sooner.

Whilst we are continuing to investigate this defect, as it stands we have not been able to find a solution for users of Office 2013 or 2016. The issue relates to how we use Microsoft Word based templates, which then render the HTML used for the Outlook email. After testing a number of potential solutions, we could not identify a consistent method of embedding these images that these later Office versions support.

We do have a few further avenues to explore in terms of 'fixes' to the issue. Beyond this however, a full rewrite of the feature will need to be planned. I'll be clear that this will not be a quick process, as we would need to ensure as much parity with the existing functionality as possible, and minimum disruption to customers with existing custom templates.

In summary, it is very unlikely that a fix will be available within the next 4 weeks as requested above. I will however continue to share our progress and findings as soon as I have news. I understand the pace of this is frustrating, and I'm doing what I can to keep things moving towards a solution.

Regards,
Stuart

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Stuart,

This is not acceptable.

We recently sent over £8k with one of your partners to ungraded to v19 subscription solely for the reason of it being compatible with Office 2016!

Please can you have a representative from your upper management team contact me ASAP.