Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Re: Images in mail merged e-mails appearing as attachments

Everyone I know having this issue is using Office 2010. Please escalate a fix.

Silver Contributor

Had the MD of one of the companies complaining on to me again yesterday, he is about to go on leave for a week. They have office 2010 and ACT V18.2.

He has reiterated that his patients is at an end and will actively start looking at alternatives when he gets back if issue is not resolved. Not a big user with only 12 licences but indicative of how clients are feeling.

Please expedite the hot fix for office 2010 / ACT V18.2

Thanks

Silver Contributor

Please can we have the patch that works for Office 2010 now even if it is by request only via this forum.

Administrator

Hi ch1p,

I've request that this is tested with the fix in development.
Highlighted
Administrator

Update for users of Microsoft Office 2010

Hi everyone,

For users of Microsoft Office 2010 encountering this issue, I am pleased to make the following Act! Updates available. To select the correct update, please confirm your current Act! version using Help > About Act!:

Act! v18.2 - http://cdn.updates.swiftpage.act.com/updates/18.2/act1820update5.exe

Act! v19.0 - http://cdn.updates.swiftpage.act.com/updates/19.0/act1900update6.exe
Act! v19.1 - http://cdn.updates.swiftpage.act.com/updates/19.1/act1910update3.exe

Important: To avoid additional issues with the display of images, please ensure that each image added to a template uses a unique file name. If you wish to add the same image multiple times, please save copies of the image and provide each with a different file name.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, we have identified a separate issue which needs be be resolved to address this problem for Office 2013 and 2016 users. Our development team are continuing to investigate this, and I'll provide a further update as soon as available.

Best regards,
Stuart

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Stuart,

just tested the fix in my live environment with Office 2010 where I had the problem since updating from 17.1 to 19.1.

Problem solved.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Re-reading the whole thread a topic related to sending mail merges via Outlook is mentioned several times: Everybody is trying to discourage people from using Outlook for large mail merges.

Standard advice from Melville-Schellmann:

If you intend to send larger merges (anything above20 recipients) with ACT! and Outlook (regardless which version you are using) set Outlook to OFFLINE Mode before doing so. Switch it back ONLINE when the merge from ACT! is finished. Click send/receive and the merged mails (treated as “Drafts” in this case) will be sent in one go.

This procedure is proven fine for merges up to 500 mails. If you want to send more, use other tools.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Silver Contributor

Thanks for this and report from user that it fixed problem. Will arrange update for all my users with Office 2010 and ACT 18 & 19 and report back.

Look forward to other Office versions fix.

Administrator

This is great to hear. Thank you for the quick feedback, and please let me know if you encounter any issues.

I'll provide further information around fixes for Office 2013 and 2016 as soon as possible.

Regards,

Stuart

Copper Contributor

Would the fix work with office 2016 as I'm having this issue too?
Using Act Pro v19
Administrator

Hi Sitt1965,

No, there is only a fix for Office 2010 right now.
A fix for later versions of Office is currently being worked on.