Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Images in email?

Images in email?

Hi,

Last week we could send a personalized mailing with word2007 & outlook2007 (we have a exchange server). In this mailing there were images and it worked fine. Since monday however we cannot send mailings like this anymore. Emails are send but the recipient cannot see the images in his mail, only a white square with a red cross. In de send items folder of outlook the mail looks correct with images. Also, if we send this mailing to only one contact, it works fine. In this case however, the mail is not send automatically, but a new mail is openend and you click teh send button manually. The bulk mail ptiion is done in the background.

Does anyone have a clue where the problems lies?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Images in email?

This may be due to ActiveX secuority settings set to high.  You will probably need to look at those settings on the local machines and also the Exchange Server. Changing the settings on the local version of Outlook is detailed in the following Knowledgebase article:

ActiveX Warnings in Outlook When ACT! .ADT Templates Used

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Images in email?

Hi, I am having a similar problem to easyit in that if I send a mail merge to 1 contact (i.e current contact) no matter what their system then they can see any images.

If I do a mail merge to a group which is what I now need to do, people only see the red cross in the square. I have spoken to SAGE quite a few times and tried different things but have today been told its probably the individual machines security settings. What I am cosfused about is why this is only a problem when I send to a group (as all the emails are still going individually as opposed to all on one email).

Does anyone have any ideas as I need to get a mail out to 2000 contacts asap but can't until I resolve this.

Many thanks