Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Ideas for Correcting Recent Problem Syncing Calendar for ACT 2011 Pro with Outlook 2007

RJH

Ideas for Correcting Recent Problem Syncing Calendar for ACT 2011 Pro with Outlook 2007

Greetings:

I have ACT 2011 Pro.  I regularly sync my ACT calendar and contacts with Outlook (2007).  Recently, the ACT calendar sync  has started failing ("Calendar Synchronization Failed").   I have tried three separate things to try and correct this current malady.

I found a step-by-step solution (Answer ID No. 28356) on the Intuit website to correct the issue - and employed the solution three separate times.  Each time when I rebooted ACT and Outlook and tried syncing calendar it failed. 

Next I accessed the Community Forum and downloaded and installed the 2011 Service Pack 1, upgraded my ACT database (from pre-service pack version) and rebooted and tried calendar sync.  Still not cured.  Next, I downloaded and installed Hot Fix 2-6 from ACT 2011, upgraded my ACT database rebooted and tried the calendar sync - still not cured.     

The one thing that I have noticed during this process is this:

Generally when I have cued the sync in the past - the process accesses ACT calendar and retrieves data, then accesses Outlook calendar and retrieves data, then it syncs them.  I seem to remember that when it was working correctly the time it takes to access the ACT and Outlook data being of similar length. 

Now, when calendar sync is cued - the time (during the process) that it takes to access ACT calendar information is significantly less (almost instantaneously) than the time that it takes to access the Outlook calendar.  The process continues through the end of the sync process and then I get the "Calendar Synchronization Failed" error message.

Help?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Ideas for Correcting Recent Problem Syncing Calendar for ACT 2011 Pro with Outlook 2007

I personally find the Outlook/Google Contact/Calendar sync to be flaky and can cause problems with duplications and/or data loss - especially if Outlook/Google alos syncs to something else (like Exchange or a mobile phone)

If you must do it, keep very good backups.

For your issue, try these ACT! Knowledge Base articles -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28351

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27599

RJH

Re: Ideas for Correcting Recent Problem Syncing Calendar for ACT 2011 Pro with Outlook 2007

Mike:

Thanks for your response.  I will give theses a try.  I agree that the Google interface tends to screw up both contact information and mail info.   I used to sync ACT contact info to prior smartphones to my desktop directly via USB.   Do you know a piece of software that still allows the sync directly?

Rick  

RJH

Mike:

I have a Motorola Razr Droid.  I hate how I feel captive to their contact information.  I recently downloaded and installed their new "ice cream" OS which has it's own bugs.

Rick 

You should really use Handheld Contact ... it's not susceptible to Google marging the contacts and causing data loss in ACT!