Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Icon (button) for Lookup, Previous is too small

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Icon (button) for Lookup, Previous is too small

I have a request for help on a petty item.  I have an icon (button) in my ACT task bar for Lookup, Previous.  The button is large and in two parts.  The large part is the word "Previous" and to the right is a small "down" arrow.  When you click on the "Previous" part of the button nothing happens but when you click on the down arrow, you get a list of all recent prior lookups (which is what I want).  I don't like having to place my pointer on this small down arrow.  Is there any way to make the entire button (Previous + down arrow) bring up the list of prior lookups? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrianF
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Icon (button) for Lookup, Previous is too small

Just did it and I like your solution.  It works and the "button" is larger on the File/Edit/View toolbar than the small down arrow have in the icon on the icon toolbar.  Nice solution, Greg!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

It sounds as if you have customized your icon/task bar by adding the Lookup/Previous button.  Try adding that same button to the File/Edit/View task bar, it should present you with just the 'Previous' button (no down arrow) and list your previous Lookups when you click on it.

Here is a link to the Knowledgebase article explaining the Customize Menus and Toolbars option:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1428...

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Hi Greg, thank you for your response. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "adding the smae button to the File/Edit/View task bar".  What is the File/Edit/View task bar and how do I add a button to it?  I reviewed the knowlegebase you referenced.  I went to Tools, Customize, Menus & Toolbars.  On the Customize Menus and Toolbars dialogue box, I selected the Commands tab, selected Lookup, Previous and then I dragged and dropped this on my toolbar but it is the same button I had before (with the down arrrow).   Can you give me some details on how to create this button correctly?  I just can't figure it out...

Brian,

I was referring to the toolbar across the top of the program that contains 'File', 'Edit', 'View', etc...  From your description it sounds as if you have added the icon to the 'icon' toolbar right below the File/Edit/View toolbar.

I have done this successfully in Act! 2009 and 2010, if you are using a different version let me know so I can test it's results.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Your are correct, Greg.  I have added the icon to the 'icon' toolbar directly below the File/Edit/View toolbar. I'm running Act! 2009 v 11.1.183.0 Hotfix 1.  The icon works if I click on the small "down arrow" portion of the icon button.  Nothing happens if I click on the main portion of the icon where the word "Previous" appears.  I hope you can find a solution.  It is an annoyance I can live with but would perfer the entire icon to trigger the Previous Lookup list.  Good luck!

Ok - you will now need to put the 'Previous' command icon onto the File/Edit/View toolbar.  Same steps you used to drag/drop it onto the icon toolbar, but drop it onto the File/Edit/View toolbar . 
Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrianF
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Just did it and I like your solution.  It works and the "button" is larger on the File/Edit/View toolbar than the small down arrow have in the icon on the icon toolbar.  Nice solution, Greg!