Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

IPHONE 4s and Siri Assistant with ACT

IPHONE 4s and Siri Assistant with ACT

Can anyone give any experience that they have had using Siri?  I think the assistant looks for information from the database in the IPHONE itself.  I'm not sure if my ACT information would be compatible.  I currently have ACT 2009.

Thanks for any feedback. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: IPHONE 4s and Siri Assistant with ACT

Silver Contributor

A little clarification. You can use the voice to text option (the little microphone on the ipnone keyboard) but to use SIRI is not posslble to access an additional app like HHC.  If you have pushed your contacts to the default Iphone address book, you can look up numbers and call people, but Siri will not directly access HHC.  For example you can's say open HHC and go to bob smith and record a history or schedule a call.  These feature only work with the native iphone (contacts, calendar).  Direct access to apps is not something that apple has added yet.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Thanks Jon ... I haven't got a 4S, but thought it was neat that you could add Notes/History that way

OK - I didn't think it would be as easy as the commercials.  If that is the case, would you guys be willing to say that droid phones would work better using the ACT contact information on the phone?  I think I asked that right.

Depends ... what information of ACT! do you want access to and do you want to do it 2-way sync?

I will soon need to choose between IPhone 4s and a Droid.  I like the Siri idea, but it doesn't sound like it will work for me like i want it to.

I am very interested in maintaining contact information, calander events, and outlook email.  I have always been able to do that with blackberry.  I have synced in the past using USB but I would love to have that done automatically but only when i change something on my host computer.  I am concerned that i might do something stupid with my phone and lose valuable info on my PC at the office.

I truly do appreciate your input.  This forum is fantastic.  Thanks.

[ Edited ]

I have found Handheld Contact is the most reliable way to sync to a phone ... they do Blackberry and iPhone now, with Android expected in a week or two.
http://bit.ly/actmobile

I have had great success with CompanionLink myself for USB and Blackberry.  I didn't see reaaly anyone else asking questions about the Siri feature.  I appreciate your help.

Silver Contributor

Sadly haven't had a ton of experience with Droid format.  I do like iphone and i believe you will upcoming support for apps in the future.  The Handheld contact isn't ready for Droid yet, but I would think would be worth the wait. From my research, I think you would be in the same prediciment with voice commands and the android.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider