Search instead for 
Do you mean 

IMPORTING EXCEL 2007 INTO ACT VERS 11.0

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

IMPORTING EXCEL 2007 INTO ACT VERS 11.0

PLEASE HELP! =(

I am having the exact same problem. I have been trying to import an excel sheet full of over 4000 contacts into the database all morning. I have tried every option through the Import Wizard. I have searched multiple sites (with step by step instruction) and review plenty of reviews here. Seems as though a lot of people are having the same problem, on something that was eluded to be a simple, basic task. ( All though they offer an Add-on, but this program already has this installed, so I don't see the need in anymore additional purchases?!?) 

Here's exactly what I did:

1.) I backed up my database.

2.) Went through Prefrences to check the duplicate settings and change to Company, Contact, and Phone.

3.) Set to notify me of duplicates.

4.) Changed the excel sheet setting to a csv format.

(Also, went back a second time after failed attempt to make sure there aren't any empty rows, column,etc, upon advice.)

5.) Taken every step in the import wizard, correctly.

6.) Mapped it accordingly.

To find the end result the same as it was before.

Note: I am not starting a complete new database I am adding more company contacts.

FYI: I am using Excel 2007 and Act Vers. 11.0

Thanks,

Sincerly Frustrated New ACT User =(

( I am willing to try anything else, I have approx. another 30,000 to 40,000 contacts that will need to be entered in the same manner from Excel, there is abs no way we have the time-frame to manually enter this information.)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lynne22
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: IMPORTING EXCEL 2007 INTO ACT VERS 11.0

I have even tried rolling this in an opposite form. I tried importing all of the contacts into outllook which was successful, and then importing them into act from outlook.....same result, nada. The intenseness of the waiting period hoping to see an additional 4500 contacts copied was such a let down. I thought for sure this would work, guess not, back to the drawing board..... =(

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lynne22
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I have even tried rolling this in an opposite form. I tried importing all of the contacts into outllook which was successful, and then importing them into act from outlook.....same result, nada. The intenseness of the waiting period hoping to see an additional 4500 contacts copied was such a let down. I thought for sure this would work, guess not, back to the drawing board..... =(

Copper Contributor

OK I FIGURED IT OUT, well, after I called my IT Tech, he informed me that this is a very common problem. Instead of changing your excel sheet into a .csv try a .txt file this worked perfect for me and saved me from having to buy an add on.  Just remember in the import wizard to change the comma value to tab. =) Ahh relieved!