Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ID/Status Importing multiple Values for the same record

ID/Status Importing multiple Values for the same record

Is there a simple way to add multiple ID Status values for one record. I have a set of contacts that can have multiple values for ID/Status (Classification Codes) and I can't entering this information manually.

Contact 1 may have 2 to 10 Classifications and they need to be in each in the ID/Status. I will be creating Groups for each classification so the groups are dynamic, and then create groups for that will include other groups for marketing campaigns.

I thought the merge piece of the Import of Contacts would allow mutliple values to be merged together.
 that doesn't appear to be the case.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ID/Status Importing multiple Values for the same record

It will work if you use ; as the delimiter between the classifications e.g air;fire;water;earth.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Re: ID/Status Importing multiple Values for the same record

gleo wrote:

It will work if you use ; as the delimiter between the classifications e.g air;fire;water;earth.  

I have just installed ACT! V16 and this dosen't appear to work. I presume the delimiter is a semi colon (Smiley Wink not a colon (Smiley Happy and that there are no spaces. It will only pickup the first ID/Status  that is air will work but not fire or any of the others

Could please advise thanks