Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I want to find all contacts in the database that have a specific result from an activity type in the history tab under the 'Result' column.

I want to find all contacts in the database that have a specific result from an activity type in the history tab under the 'Result' column.

I have created a new activity type labelled "Call_2" and added a result for that activity type with the word "Declined" among others in the list.

Is it possible to create a query that can find all contact in my database that meet the following 3 critia:

1. In the history tab, in the 'Result' column = 'Declined'

2. The field labelled 'Category' = 'xyz'

3. The field labelled 'Source' = 'abc'

I know how to query to get a list or group that meets 2 and 3 above.

How can I generate a list or group of contacts that would meet all 3 of the above critieria?

Thank you,

PH

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: I want to find all contacts in the database that have a specific result from an activity type in the history tab under the 'Result' column.

That's a great question!

I think that the only way you could do this using Act! - and it would have to be 2010 - would be to create a custom data chart component that would allow you to access the results information.

I am not even sure that that is available via the OLE db v2 provider of Act! 2010.

There's also a (slight) possibility that using the Act! DevNet Data chart component you might also be able to create a custom component for a dash in act! 2008 (v10.2+) or 2009....

Unless I am overlooking something, not thinking could be done any other way.

Might be an addon that could help you get there too...

Tuned Listener

Re: I want to find all contacts in the database that have a specific result from an activity type in the history tab under the 'Result' column.

Hi, I have not tried it, but Stonefield Query software might do it. You can get a free trial version to see. www.stonefieldquery.com
Douglas Wolf
858-449-9653