Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I want to cry. So annoying error message- Resolution of the dependency failed....

I want to cry. So annoying error message- Resolution of the dependency failed....

Ok- so I have tried the "run as administrator" option, No dice.  I tried the below pasted info I found here...

When I try to rename the ACT folder to "old" and BTW I already have one listed as "old" -when I called tech support 2 days ago to get my Outlook synched on ACT.... the guy had me do that. So, I try to rename to something different. The error message comes up that "this can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program". Well, it isn't. I am doing this because , DUH, ACT WON'T OPEN..... SO how can a file be open if I can't get ACT to open at all? When I try the "resolution of dependency failed" message comes up. Sorry, but annoyed. And of course this happens like 2 days after my free tech support is up.... Ugh! Please Help!

• After applying the SP1 HF1 update, close ACT! and all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
  • Open your Windows Task Manager, and under the Processes tab, end process for "Act.Outlook.Service.exe"
  • Click on your Windows Start button. Type in the  following command: %appdata% in the  Search box in the lower left of the start menu.
  • This will open the Application Data folder. In this folder open the ACT folder.
  • In this folder you should see one or more folders named Act for Windows  (version#), where "version#" is the current (or previous) versions of ACT!  installed on this machine.
  • Rename this folder to "Act for WindowsOLD" (rename all if more than one)
  • Reboot your machine
  • Open ACT! and test
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: I want to cry. So annoying error message- Resolution of the dependency failed....

Hello christytruetax,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. I certainly understand your frustration. In order to delete the "ACT! Data" folder (and the folders that start with "ACT for Windows (version number), make sure of the following:
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel are closed
- In the Task Manager, end process on (if running):
*Act.Outlook.Service.exe
*Act.Scheduler.exe
*Act.Server.Host.exe
*ActSage.exe
*Sage.ACT.Integration.exe

You may also want to reboot your machine as to ensure these services properly restart.
-

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.