Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I open my ACT! by Sage 2007 and it asked for a password.. never had a password on it.. then..

I open my ACT! by Sage 2007 and it asked for a password.. never had a password on it.. then..

I open my ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162 and it asked for a password on my database, never had a password on it, tired everything from blank on then.. it gives this error message " The database master_Address_BookV2 could not be accessed.... " I am the ONLY one useing the computer the ACT is just on my own harddrive and I then disabled the firewall but no change. Then I sent hourse going throught the knowledge base and it said use the ActDiags but it give me this error when I try to follow any instructions: "Database ‘Master_Addres_BookV2’ cannot be opened due to inaccessible files .... See the SQL Server errorlog for details."

HELP.. any iteas. I have shot my afternoon and did nothing wrong nore did the computer shut down wrong. Any suggestions??? I have lots to do in my database this weekend and it is useless! Sadly I made a Massive update since the last back up .. which I will never do again. Help!!! Big thanks to any one that helps!!

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: I open my ACT! by Sage 2007 and it asked for a password.. never had a password on it.. then..

Run ACTDIAG, are you able to see the database name in the list of files, and if so, what is the status?

Have you tried to restore from the previous backup?

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Tuned Listener

Re: I open my ACT! by Sage 2007 and it asked for a password.. never had a password on it.. then..

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Here are a couple of things you should check.

1. Check that the ACT7 instance of SQL server is running.

In Windows XP go to 'Start -> run -> services.msc'. Look for the service 'SQL Server (ACT7)'

Its status should be 'started' and its startup type should be 'Automatic'. If not, change it!

-------

2. Check you have a complete database and that some of the database files haven't been moved. A complete database consists of the following files:

* Name.adf   * Name.alf   * Name.pad   * Name-Database Files (folder)

3. Have you changed your computer name or moved the database to another location?

Kind regards,

Cesc

Message Edited by CrazyCesc4 on 06-30-2008 07:25 AM