Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I'm biting my tongue. Mail Merge not showing in individual contact history.

Highlighted

I'm biting my tongue. Mail Merge not showing in individual contact history.

I have a large mailing list of 1000 contacts. Imported from Excel to ACT flawlessly. I now took the first 100 contacts and created subgroup. I want to send a letter to every contact in this sub group and then do follow up calls.

I've learned to test these projects.  I go to the WRITE button at top of page, and choose "LETTER" from drop down. I delete the old content of the letter template, and then cut n paste the new letter. Now I MAIL MERGE the limited test contacts .

As the subgroup contact list is shown I hold left the mouse button and highlight a few contacts on the list. Then I MAIL MERGED the letter template I created by changing the "LETTER" Template to the ten test contacts. The Word icon blinks, and the 10 letters are going to the 10 test contacts. But, drum roll please, when I print these letters for each of the 10 test contacts, Sending this letter is NOT added to each of the 10 contact histories. I want to know what I send to whom!!

Any and all help appreciated.

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: I'm biting my tongue. Mail Merge not showing in individual contact history.

HI ProGunOne - which version of Act! are you using? And which version of Office?

When word opens, can you see an addins tab along the top, and is there an Act! section in that tab?