Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I'm Done

Astute Commentator

I'm Done

Act! is complete garbage. I was tired of the errors popping up everytime I opened and closed Act! So I decided to uninstall and reinstall. Now I can't even open the demo database, I spend more time messing around with this stupid software than it's worth. I am going to use Outlook (Which, by the way works every time I need it) to stay as organized as possible til I find a decent online CRM. Hopefully I find one that i can at least use the Act! file to restore the 1291 contacts and history I just loss. It bogles my mind that this company would produce such a pile of problems and then just make excuse to everone that has problems with it. If anyone knows of a good online solution please let me know. My Act! cd just went in to the garbage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: I'm Done

There are on-line versions of ACT! that might be worth looking at ... that way, you can keep all your data intact.

Unfortunately, most ACT! issues are nothing to do with ACT!, but with the Windows OS that you are installing to
Astute Commentator

"Unfortunately, most ACT! issues are nothing to do with ACT!, but with the Windows OS that you are installing to"

Really? Thats freaking hilarious and makes no sense. If Act! is not made to be used with Windows OS then what are you supposed to install it on? Linux? Maybe Act! should get their "Act" together and figure it out like all of the other software programs I have installed on my computer that works just fine with my operating system. I was actually told by tech support to turn off Windows automatic update because it wasn't necessary. What kind of a fix is that? And as far as Act! online, I don't think I will be spending any more money for their services. I already have a $200.00 cd in the garbage.

Over 78% of tech support calls are due to damage or poor configuration in the Windows OS...

As to other software, I guess that would depend on how many use SQL server or the Microsoft .Net Framework

Whoever at tech support told you that is wrong or you misunderstood then
Astute Commentator

Well I don't think I misunderstood him because I was in a screen share, he had control of my computer and is actually the one that turned it off as he was telling me that. He also wanted to uninstall my antivirus and I declined. But I am not suprised at your response as it seems to be the norm. Always someone or something else's fault. Act! never has anything to do with the problems.

I didn't blame anyone else... simply quoted a fact.

I am also happy to point out actual bugs in ACT!... the Sage Mobile product is shocking, the ACT!/Outlook sync is not suitable. I have stated these on my own blog

But, the fact that most technical support queries on the core product require repairs to Microsoft components is something that most complex products need to deal with
Astute Commentator

Here's a fact for you, Act! is completely worthless. Here's another fact for you, I am out two hundred dollars and countless hours of working in Act! only to have it eventually fail and not allow me to use the backups that were made prior to uninstalling it. But, hey. you are probably right it's not a problem with Act! it's a problem with my computer or operating system that by the way are still working just fine.

Well, as you're not bothering to post the actual problem, I'm not sure why your posting at all.

But, have a good life
Astute Commentator

I fixed the problem, I guess you missed that in my earlier post. I simply was looking for an alternative solution. I am sure there are many others that share my frustration and maybe have tried some of the other products.

Sorry, I read "Now I can't even open the demo database" ... to mean you still had a problem.

Probably the biggest competitor to ACT! is Salesforce. Being purely web based, it isn't dependant on Windows OS issues