Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I lost Act 2005 and need help please

I lost Act 2005 and need help please

Hi,

My name is Joey Lowe and I've been a registered user of Act since version one.  I've been using Act 2005 and haven't upgraded partly out of apathy.  My databases contain over 100k contacts and I have multiple databases. Well, my computer crashed and so I bit the bullet and bought another. (We all need them right)  I went to reinstall Act 2005 and I can't find my installation disks.  Where would I go to get installation disks.  I have my serial numbers and I've contact Act customer service but I haven't had a response yet.  I know I should upgrade to Act 11 but I'm worried about the databases especially since they contained custom data forms.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Joey

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: I lost Act 2005 and need help please

You need to upgrade. Your databases will convert with all the modifications and ACT! 11 is MUCH better than ACT! 2005. If your new computer happens to be a Vista machine you will have to upgrade the ACT! program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you sir.  I'm running XP.  Will that make a difference?

Roy, another question too. Since I don't have Act 2005 installed on my current computer and if I want to get the upgrade pricing, how will that work?  If I try to install an upgrade version on my computer the upgrade disk doesn't detect a previous version, then I'm out of luck right?  Thanks.

The upgrade is only the pricing, it's actually the full version. This isn't Microsoft.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Yes, only ACT! 10 and 11 will work on Vista.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129