Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I have hundreds of duplicated calendar entries - how to fix this?

I have hundreds of duplicated calendar entries - how to fix this?

OK, so I am just about ready to dump ACT 2009 and find another CRM that does NOT duplicate calendar entries across Outlook and Exchange. Specifically, what's getting duplicated are holidays - and other all-day appointments. It's a feedback loop - it's duplicated, then again, then again, and before you know it ACT is struggling to operate. Any day now the whole system is going to crash.

What's frustrating is that everything I see says not much can be done about this except to purchase a separate product. Which are NOT cheap. Also frustrating that I see several similar questions on the forum that have not been answered - is this like a dirty little secret nobody wants to talk about?

So my question is - am I missing something? Is the only solution REALLY to buy more product to fix this bug? Anyone else ready to rip their hair out over this?

Catie

Copper Contributor

Re: I have hundreds of duplicated calendar entries - how to fix this?

[ Edited ]

I just vented about this in a post (http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Act-to-Outlook-sync-duplication-issue/m-p/195751#M57193). Act absolutely sucks with this stuff, and there is no way to contact anyone directly in their development teams to get a definitive answer. And as you've seen, their M.O. is to come on here, ask what version you have, tell you to run a detect/repair on Outlook (as if THAT's the problem), then abandon the issue. I used to use CompanionLink, which worked pretty well, but when I saw built-in Outlook sync in Act 2012 I thought that would be less trouble. NOT! I'll be going back to CompanionLink, even though I suspect Sage intentionally puts out crap in Act itself and gets a cut of the sales of all the third-party tools that occur as a result.

There's no dirty little secret except that Act is crappy and there is zero support. Oh, wait, that's not a secret to anyone who tries to get support.

The only reason I still have the darned thing is because I have years of history in there. But the next chance I get I'm dumping it.

Copper Contributor

Re: I have hundreds of duplicated calendar entries - how to fix this?

okay... I'm not a techie type guy... just an end user.  I am using the snyc between Outlook 2003 and ACT! 2012 and don't have the issue you have.  Let's compare notes and see why / why not?

jack