Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I have Sage Act 2011 Having trouble opening contact information

I have Sage Act 2011 Having trouble opening contact information

Today, when I opened Sage, I could only get a half-page of information on the contact sheet of an individiual.  Can you help me?

Re: I have Sage Act 2011 Having trouble opening contact information

Can I expect to get a quick reply, or does this take more time for someone to respond?

I have submitted a question. When will I get a response?
mhodge32@cox.net or online help.
Bronze Super Contributor

Dude! you asked a question on a public forum, and in less than 5min you've bumped it twice, asking when you'll get a response. 

And your question is rather sparse on details, I mean, "I could only get a half-page of information on the contact sheet of an individual" could mean many things, like what you see onscreen, in a report, on a dashboard. Is this all contacts, is it a specific contact, did you restart ACT! and it still does the same thing, can others login and do they have the same issue? Maybe include a screenshot, we ain't psychic.

And the only question you actually asked is "Can you help me?" to which the answer is.... it depends.

With no details, no, no-one can.

With some details, yes, many could.

Here's two cents of free advice, firstly, if you want fast response, pay for support with either Sage or an ACT! Certified Consultant,  secondly, include more details in your question, you'll get a much quicker and more accurate response.

Ben.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. The challenge I have is: when I open Sage, and search for a contact, the contact page opens. However, only half of the page appears. There is no way to view history of the contact activity, or present activity. This just started today. I am only able to view name, title and phone number of contact. Please advise me how to possibly correct this situation. I am waiting patiently for your reply.

Bronze Super Contributor

Smiley Happy no problem.

Possibly, you might need to click on the detail view button, rather than staying in the list view mode.

DetailListView.png

or you might need to change the layout you're using

LayoutDropdown.png

Are you able to take a screenshot? (a free tool to do so is here: www.screenpresso.com)

then either insert the screenshot into a post here, or attach it as a file attachment.

A picture is worth a thousand words Smiley Happy

Thanks for your assistance.  I tried to copy the contact sheet, but have not been able to do that and post it in my reply.  The contact sheet now on my screen in Sage Act shows Contact name, phone number, email address, business address, and Status information.  However, nothing below that information is shown.  I did press the Detail View and nothing is changing.

Thanks for your continuing to help me.  I have been away from my computer for several hours, but hope to be around for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Margaret Hodge

918-451-5051

mhodge32@cox.net

Platinum Super Contributor

I believe you are referring to the tabs being missing.  See this article for steps to resolve: KB Article 14495.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for offering this information.  It is so confusing to me.   I am 80 years old, and all of a suddenn yesterday, my contact sheet on Sage Act, 2011 quite displaying any history of activities, phone calls, appointments, to do, etc.

Is there any way that I can talk with a tech?  I am somewhat computer savvy, but this problem is truly almost overcoming me.  Please advise.  I do appreciate all the answers and approaches you have offered.

Margaret Hodge

918451-5051

Today, I spoke with Stan Smith at Sage.  He walked me through the correct procedure to correct my problem.  It took less than 5 minutes.  I am so very thankful for this fine tech, Stan Smith.