Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I have ACT 13 Computer with main database died

Highlighted

I have ACT 13 Computer with main database died

I had a laptop with ACT 13 that was the main database and another laptop that was the remote database. The laptop with the main database is dead. How can I make the remote database machine become the main database? Thank you for the help. 

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: I have ACT 13 Computer with main database died

[ Edited ]

To keep the current remote database (just in case) you can do the following (It's my idea)

1. Makes a backup of your remote database

File Menu - Backup - Database (Click Browse and make this backup in your document folder)

Close the remote database with File - Close

2. Restore that backup on the same computer but with a different name than the one in the remote database

File Menu - Restore - Database - RESTORE US option - click browse and look for the ZIP file that you created in the Documents folder - Click OK - (New Database Name) put the name you want the database of this new Act! server - BROWSE (At this point you define where you want to restore it - I suggest ... C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Databases) Username and Password and CLICK OK...

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

From this moment, this database is server and from which you can create remote databases for another computer

Note: To know if the database that is open is remote or server ... click on the menu help - about Act! - Database Information - look at the following image...  (Subscriber sync role is the remote database)  Publisher is the Act! database server

5.png

...If this answered your question, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION - Best regards and Good luck

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted

Re: I have ACT 13 Computer with main database died

Thank you, looks like it worked!!