Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I hate Act!

Copper Contributor

I hate Act!

One of the worst stupid thing I could have been done is to buy Act 2007 a year ago. The stupid email system collapsed 2 times in six months, deleteing me very important information. Now for some stupid reason there is no way it works again (it doesn't allow me to set up a new email account). When I tried to contact Customer Service, I realised I had to pay for a Customer Service plan than cost me more than the software itself. I can not believe such complicated company could even have one Customer. They are getting millonaires stealing people. It took me a lot of time to set up a system based on Act that could help me to manage some contacts based on my needs, now to move to another platform is a chaos too. I really hope some day this mediocre company dissapears from earth surface. Although someone at Sage having the decency to help me would be acceptable. I am furious. If you had the same experience than me you would be as furious or more as I am.
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: I hate Act!

I understand you are frustrated and feel the need to vent but posts like this help no-one.  I am not trying to have a go but as with many problems in this group I believe most of them can be overcome with a little time and patience.  If you would like help setting up your email account please post some more info in here like steps you have taken, error messages etc. and I will be happy to try and help you have a more positive expierence with ACT!.

Tom
Nickel Super Contributor

I appologize for your frustration with ACT. I would like to help you resolve your issue and have emailed you in that regard. Thanks, Amanda
Copper Contributor

On the same day I placed my complain here, I had 2 representatives from the company contacting me by email trying to help me to solve the problem. That's good. I sent them a step by step explanation of my problem and I'm awaiting their suggestions. If they have people willing to help... why SAGE don't just put some kind of Customer Service out there (for FREE), so they avoid to get furious Customers? I made a research on internet, and there are several forums of frustrated Customers, so I am not alone. What is the big problem to put some people to be of help? If I am not wrong, Sage was on the Inc 500 list. (If Sage treats their Customers this way I would complain to Inc too on their selection method). They had a net benefit of about US $ 300M on 2006, they have 13,000 employees ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sage_Group) And they can't get a decent Customer Service? I hope someday Sage "Acts!" like a professional company and have some kind of online help for Customers for FREE, like Google or Amazon. They would never abandone a Customer in a red sea. Thanks.
Nickel Super Contributor

I wanted to post an update. This is issue is currently being addressed and will hopefully have some resolution this afternoon.

Also, since this customer is from Latin America the experience is going to be a little different. For those not familiar, we currently have an online knowledge base (http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/) available with a whole range of articles including technical, 'how to' and feel that this community itself is an ever growing resource. Finally, I would like to say that Sage will never abandon a reasonable customer and that we will always do our best to provide the appropriate resources to all of our customers.

David frequently posts blog's on support/ACT issues and concerns.
http://community.act.com/blog?blog.id=Blog_CRM_GM
Copper Contributor

Glad to see I may receive a solution this afternoon.

In a global world like this one, where I use to be in differetnt continents from time to time, don't see what is the importance and difference of where I am, since I would have the same program error in any part of the world. Note sure why that is here considered an important point. The point here is the software bug.

Thanks for being working on the solution.
Copper Contributor

Today I received instructions on how to solve the bug problem.
My Act! works again.
I'm happy for that.
Thank you Amanda!
Nickel Super Contributor

You are quite welcome. I'm glad we were able to resolve it and get you working again.

I also had a really bad experience with ACT.  We were using ACT 2011 Premium.  A salesman  from Sage named Jack Harper called my and convinced me to buy Act 2012 Pro.  What he didn't tell me was that it is not possible to open Premium data in Pro, so now I have a completely useless ACT Pro 2012 that I am going to try to sell on eBay.  Buyer beware.

Bronze Super Contributor