Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I fought the law and the law won....

Copper Contributor

Re: I fought the law and the law won....

Jeff,

Not sure about 3rd party utilities.  I normally just use the Add/Remove programs (I think we added that aoption circa ACT! 9.0) to unintsall SQL Server.

Pierre
Nickel Contributor

Thanks guys.  I finally got iy to work. 

I might be the most critical person on this board.  I do it because I get frustrated at this thing and the history with it.

The first time I bought ACT! was the ACT 6.0 version and never used it.  OK.  When I started to, ACT 2005 came along and I bought it.

So you got me to really get into your company at the wrong time.  You have an independent person and one who just got married with the the obsession of getting the "dog' to work and now your company tuned me into an ardent idealogue to fix this program.

I wish I could be a paid consultant for your company.  I'll do it for free even.

Pat 

Just a suggestion - Before you delete any items in the Registry - Back it up to the desktop, and later if everthing goes OK - delete it from the Desktop (the backup of the Registry).

Stewart
Champion Listener

Hi Pat, We are glad to have your participation on the community and you will find as an organization that Sage is always striving toward improvements. Our customers, as you have already seen, are very knowledgeable, helpful and patient. A quick note on public forums: you will find that members are more apt to reply when the dialogues productive and positive. Neil
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]
Neil,

I appreciate your response.  This following statement is to not toot my own horn,  but in my daily life,  I am 99% of the time a calm cool cucumber.  I rarely lose my temper and rarely lose my mind.  I try to keep a balanced approach on everything I do.

I want to direct the following to Sage and its management.  I do hope you listen and read these boards. 

You have the nicest concept for a database.  In my opinion, it's bar none.  If you could only add more functionality to this software,  you literally could corner the market.  Give this software some more gadgets and make it more functional.  Eliminate the extra steps required for the user to get their results and watch it fly.

Yes, I understand you want people to be civil and calm.  Yet, I also think that you need to make it up to the long suffering ACT! user with a better product.  At least make up for 2005.  You seem to only add two or three rinky dink functions each time as if you only have 10 ideas left to work with and you have to split it up over the next three years.  After that, management might have no ideas left, but your user has hundreds if not thousands.  I don't think that if you add 5 or 6 major functions each year that there won't be any ideas left.  

You could make this a much better product by far and bring people back that you lost.  Trust me, there are a lot.  They are legion I'm sure.

-P

Message Edited by patgenn123 on 04-15-2008 06:42 PM

Pierre,

I tried to remove SQL Server via the add/remove utility in Control Panel and that gives me the error message.

I need another way to remove SQL Server so that I can reinstall it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jeff 

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Jeff,

You can try and uninstall SQL 2005 manually using the following Microsoft Article.

I have never tried this procedure, so I don't know the ins and outs of it or how well it truly works.

How to uninstall an instance of SQL Server 2005 manually

Amanda