Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I cannot get to my database!

I cannot get to my database!

Hello.  I am a new user of ACT, and the staff person that purchased the software for me, and set it all up, has since left my employment.  We deleted all of her accesses - including the user account on the computer.  Now, I cannot access our databases!  I get the following message:

"The database customerlist could not be accessed.  In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available.  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server"

The network connection is not an issue.  And any firewalls we have have been disabled (I think!). 

The one thing I did try was editting the PAD file to point to the current location of the data.  That did not seem to work.

Any ideas??  Has anyone else encountered something like this?

Thanks!

Tom

Bronze Contributor

Re: I cannot get to my database!

Tom,

I would suggest you might try the following.

On the machine that has the problem open ACT and then go to file open. Instead of opening the .pad file change the type down the bottom to be ACT Database (ADF) and look for your database customerlist.adf file. This will open the database and verify/rebuild the .pad file.

Once this is complete go to windows explorer and then copy the newly created/verified .pad file from the location and paste this to your machine, put it on your desktop as a test. now open ACT from by doubling click on this new file. If all is good this will open the database on the machine where it is located.

If this does not work or you get an error then it will be time to look at some alternative as to why the database cannot be opened.

HTH

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.