Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I cannot enter in my database, they ask for the administrator

Highlighted

Re: I cannot enter in my database, they ask for the administrator

I pretty sure I did but anyway, I have two database and the other one works.

I try the restore as again last week but the same problems happen.
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Using ACTDIAG to detach the database and deleting the PAD file
Then open ACT! and go File | open
Change File type to ADF and open the database
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I am having the same issue.  Deleting the .pad and detaching the database did not work.  Any other suggestions?
Highlighted

I had same problem "To finalize the registration, the database administrator must login first" after "Restore As" on a new server (XP PRO).

I had adminstrator rights etc and none of the above fixes worked for me.

Solution: I had to plug in old PC where the origional Act installation was backed up from and get it to log on to the new database, this "resolved" the problem and all other computers were able to log in Smiley Happy

It would seem the backup of the database takes some system/account specific user information with it.

I know this will not solve it for all people as they may not have the origional PC from which they took the backup - but I hope it helps some.

Possibly someone else could use this info to provide a better and more informed solution as the above will not help you have to restore from a backup when the old PC is no longer avalable.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I think I found the solution, at least for my situation.  You must add the Administrator User from the original pc to a database on the pc/server.  That solved the problem for me.  The Admin/User must be Active.
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Your welcome.  Let me know if it solved the issue.
Highlighted

My computer was damaged so I had to use a loaner.  I was attempting to load my database on a loaner computer. 

I use Act 10 with the original database running on XP and I was trying to restore it on Win 7. I kept getting the" to finalize registration, database administrator must log in" message.    I screwed around with this for a week before I figured it out.  I tried all of the suggestions that were listed in this thread which included disabling the UAC, changing the computer administrator name, running as administrator...none of it worked. 

If you are restoring on a new machine, which I was doing, the key is to make sure that the license number is in the program prior to restoring the database and trying to open the restored database.  This is done by registering the program with Act!.  If not automatically prompted to do so, under the Help tab, click Register Act!.  Once you click this link, a table will pop up titled "Activated Serial Numbers".  If there are no license numbers registered, complete the registration process.  This should add the license number that corresponds with the original database.  Once I did this, the database opened without issue.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Same issue - banged my head against the wall cursed Sage - bingo - bango - 1 minute after reading post back in business
Tom David Moxam
Highlighted
Loyal Listener

Just had this as well and thanks to the above post, my problem is solved.

Can't understand how my software lost its registration though??