Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I can't get Outlook 2010 working with ACT

I can't get Outlook 2010 working with ACT

Hi

I installed ACT Pro 2011 on my windows 7 computer and am trying to get Outlook 2010 linked to it so i can send email messages from it etc.

I have been through the process of setting it up and it now shows Microsoft Outlook as the email system.  However, when I click on the email button ( which would normally open a new message ready for sending), it comes up with an error message saying:    'Object reference not set set to an instance of an object'.  I have no idea what this means........

Any help would be appreciated as at the moment the database i have on there is useless if I can't email from it!! 

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Copper Contributor

Re: I can't get Outlook 2010 working with ACT

This has been a constant problem for me over the last several versions. The only way I know how to solve it is to repair Outlook, restart, open Act and preferences and set it up again. If it still does not work make sure that Outlook is not looking for a difference database.

REL

Thanks very much for your response - but unfortunately i dont really understand!!  I'm not a computer wiz so is there any way you can explain that in laymans terms.....?!

THanks

Richard

Copper Contributor

To repair Outlook go to control panel....click on uninstall a program....click on Outlook and choose "change". After clicking you will have a choice of several options....choose repair. After it repairs it will tell you to reboot the system. After system reboots open Act and choose preferences and try to set up Outlook again. As I said before....sometimes that error comes up if you do not have the same database (address book) that Outlook is looking for.

Thanks - i have tried that but no change - still the same error message.  Could you confirm what you mean by looking for the same database?

Copper Contributor

The database is listed at the top left hand corner of your Act screen on the computer. I am having a problem with Act 2012 and Outlook 2010 that I have not resolved yet but it is not throwing up an error.