Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I can not add people to groups, system freeze

I can not add people to groups, system freeze

Hello,

Since this morning I have some problems with ACT!

I can do everything I need to do except "adding people to groups" everytime I try to do this the system freeze and I need to do a restart.

Anyone who can help me out?

Greets

Re: I can not add people to groups, system freeze

I'm getting this same problem with 2013.  I've seen other threads in the community on this same topic, so I know it's an issue.  System just "bings" when I try to go anywhere in Act as soon as I try to add someone to a group.  Then I have to force ACT to close.  Please help, seems like quite a few are having this problem.  I'm using two monitors by the way.

Bronze Contributor

There certainly isn't enough information to tell exactly what is happening, but here's a thought.

Frequently I can't do anything in ACT, expecially after completing an activity and doing a follow up.

I complete the follow up then go back to the original activity, but it isn't there and ALT-TAB will not find it.  Through trial and error, I have to start minimizing the other programs that are running until the clear activity box appears and then I can clear it.  Generally it is one of the programs on the other monitor.

I've posted a question about this before, but did not get an answer.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Silver Super Contributor

Go into the group view and make sure that your sort criteria is valid.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I'm running two monitors, and thought maybe the window was hiding somewhere, but I tried minimizing everything, and it's not there.  I cannot however minimize ACT when this happens.  I just get a "Bing" when try to click anything at all in ACT.

Checked....still no luck.  

Silver Super Contributor

Sounds like you probably have a windows open somewhere that isn't showing up on a monitor.  After you tell it to add the contact to a group see if you can locate the other open windows on the screen and move them to where you can work with them.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I've found the issue. 
I'm using the new Microsoft office. The latest Act! update can't work with the new office... I even can't extract list trough excel.

I've found the issue. 
I'm using the new Microsoft office. The Act! update of 2010 can't work with the new office... I even can't extract list trough excel.