Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I am reinstalling Act 2006, Version 8. Won't let me register.

I am reinstalling Act 2006, Version 8. Won't let me register.

I am reinstalling Act 2006, Version 8.   Removed from other computers.  Data saved on external hard drive.  Working from home.  Need to make sure Act does not expire in 30 days, so I won't loose my data.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: I am reinstalling Act 2006, Version 8. Won't let me register.

Hello Donna,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

If you can send me a Private Note with your serial number, I will check the registration tolerance and reset it if necessary.  You can send me a Private Note by: click on my community name > select 'Send this user a private message' (in right hand column).

Greg Martin
Sage

Donna, I have reset the registration tolernance for the serial number you sent me.  Go ahead and try registering now.

Note: The 2nd number you sent may be an installation code; you won't need it to register.

Greg Martin
Sage

After reinstalling, the program does not show in ..start...all programs.    However   Act 5 (empty) shows up there. 

I can see that ACT 6 is in the add/remove programs...but only for 139 MB.   That seems small.

If you ran the 2006 install a second time, without performing an uninstall between them... the second install would actually perform an uninstall (common among software packages).  That could be why it doesn't show...  Try installing it again and see if it will appear on the All Programs or Add/Remove list.

Greg Martin
Sage