Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I Was Forced to Manually Restart My Computer Now SQL Server (ACT7) Will Neither Turn on Manually Nor Automatically

I Was Forced to Manually Restart My Computer Now SQL Server (ACT7) Will Neither Turn on Manually Nor Automatically

Whenever I try to initially access ACT!, I receive this message:

"ACT! has determined that Microsoft SQL Server is not running. ACT! will try to start SQL Server. This may take a few seconds."

It doesn't respond, because SQL Server (ACT7) will not turn on, even when I manually try to turn it on. SQL Server Agent (ACT) cannot turn on because it's dependent on SQL Server (ACT7).  

When I attempt to manually turn it on in services I recieve this error: "Windows could not start the SQL Server (ACT7) on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non_Microsoft service, contact the service vendor and refer to service-specific error code 3417."

When I viewed my event viewer I noticed this error occured after my computer wasn't properly shut down: "The SQL Server (ACT7) service terminated with service-specific error WARNING: You have until SQL Server (ACT7) to logoff. If you have not logged off at this time, your session will be disconnected, and any open files or devices you have open may lose data.."

Upon research, the best explenation that I can currently think of is the instance/copy of the main database (SQL Server (ACT7)) was somehow damaged due to the improper restart and the best method for fixing the issue is to uninstall SQL on my machine and reinstall it so that SQL will revert to it's default settings, theoretically fixing whatever damage was done.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue that can help me? Does the method I provided make logical sense?

Thank you.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: I Was Forced to Manually Restart My Computer Now SQL Server (ACT7) Will Neither Turn on Manually Nor Automatically

I have fixed that problem by uninstalling and reinstalling SQL.  There is a KB article on how to manually install it.  Sometimes you have to manually delete registry keys, files and folders to get it to reinstall properly.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!