Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I Pad and ACT! and Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

I Pad and ACT! and Outlook

Anyone using an I Pad and syncing Contacts to Outlook and then somehow getting the Contacts into the I Pad?

And the Outlook calendar over to the I Pad?

I was wating for the Blackberry pad because it will sync with Blackberry handhelds and I use Handheld Contact. I thought it would be an easy set up. But Blackberry announced that their new "pad" will only be on the Spirnt network and I'm on Verizon so I'm considering the I Pad. Or, it would be cool if Handheld Contact would run on an I Pad.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author barrygou
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: I Pad and ACT! and Outlook

I've used GoToMyPC for years when I'm out of town and in someone eles's office or on a hotel lobby PC. It works great. But, as mentioned, it probably defeats the purpose of having an iPad. And having my full PC desktop appear on the iPad screen may be a little squeezed. My purpose of an iPad is to carry something lighter than a laptop, with less Internet sing on hassles, and the desire to have ACT, via HHC, on the iPad. March is not that far away and I have talked directly with HHC and they will have the Calendar for iPad then.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Contributor

Look at Companion Link..  http://www.companionlink.com/ipad/outlook/

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Nickel Contributor

Thanks. I tried the wireless Companion LInk about 2 years ago with Blackberry but it didn't work that well. Then i discovered Handheld Contact that works great. I look at CLP again.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Bronze Super Contributor

Does HHC show a calendar view yet?

Bronze Super Contributor

Oh Mike, you are such a wag!

I'm sure it's possible (as sure as the day follows night).

No, no, let me rephrase my question: have the self appointed demi-gods at Apple deemed it acceptable to allow HHC to show the calendar view yet?

I know I've pushed this point before and will continue to, but without the calendar view (so one can see visually the gaps in the schedule) it isn't worth using (in my own humble view).

For this reason I don't recommend HHC for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch use. I did, I got some clients running on the trial, each one of them said "no problem, no calendar view will be fine, the agenda list will be great" and each one failed to sign up and each one said at the end of it "you know what, without the calendar view it was so hard to see where I had a gap in my schedule I gave up using it".

I'd love to recommend it, and I do, for Blackberry/Windows Mobile. Hands down it is the solution I prefer most. But for iApple devices it just isn't. I know that's not your fault, and likely not even HHC's, but rather the draconian Apple overlords. Doesn't change my current set of recommendations tho.....

....once a calendar view is there, bingo, full steam ahead, HHC.

Of course, the newly released (rewritten/rebaded ACT! Mobile Live) Sage Mobile for ACT! is looking promising. And it has a calendar view, even when offline.

Ben.

Sage's Mobile product has so many problems ... not least of which is that, in Australia, Kurt has no idea about it and was training ACCs in the old version.

Yes, HHC's iOS4 version has a calendar and lots more
Bronze Super Contributor

Ok, Mike has rung and spoken to me, couple of things:

1. HHC *will* have calendar view in the iApple version to be released in March (completely rewritten from the ground up to take advangte of iOS4.2)

2. Mike has shown me some issues with Sage Mobile for ACT! - country codes/date formats/duplications.

So thanks Mike for clearing up those points.

Ben.

Thanks for posting, Ben.

I wanted to demonstrate that my views on Sage Mobile for ACT! were serious and verifiable technical errors and omissions ... and that it's wasn't just an "opinion"