Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I Need Help?

I Need Help?

Long time user of ACT (about 10 years) I'm a simple user. don't need all the bells and whistles.

Very dissastified with new version, it took me a long time to make the decision to convert from 6 to version 10,

New version loads a lot slower, I can't find my favorite phone book to print out a contact list to distribute to staff, it used to be under the print menu, 2 column and allowed me to print names in bold font and addresses under normal font. 

I feel just like when I first started with ACT and that I have to relearn almost everything. I have had it for several months so my 30 days of tech support is gone as I understand it. I have not called in, seems like this should start after I call in.

I , like everybody else just want the program to work and don't want to have spend a lot of time relearning everything.

Suggestions, Ideas.

Re: I Need Help?

I should have mentioned that when I go to the print menu, under file, I click on the At-A-glance, the computer freezes.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: I Need Help?

lasertag wrote:

New version loads a lot slower,

What sort of hardware - RAM and HDD speed? 

ACT! now uses Microsoft's .Net and SQL server... this means that slow HDD speed and low RAM can have a big effect. But while it can take a bit longer to load and unless you have a slow drive or low RAM, it will be faster than 6.0 for a lot of functions, especially if the database is larger.

I can't find my favorite phone book to print out a contact list to distribute to staff, it used to be under the print menu, 2 column and allowed me to print names in bold font and addresses under normal font. 

There is 2col options in the File-Print list, but I don't think you can change the fonts. You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

BTW: why print the address book? Why not have the staff using ACT!?

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

I feel just like when I first started with ACT and that I have to relearn almost everything. I have had it for several months so my 30 days of tech support is gone as I understand it. I have not called in, seems like this should start after I call in.

Yes, I agree that 30-days from first call would be nice... but the free support is mainly to cover install issues. At least they have these forums to help now.

I , like everybody else just want the program to work and don't want to have spend a lot of time relearning everything.

Admitedly, there are some big changes going from 6.0 to 10.0... but most users have wanted many of the additions that have been made over the years.