Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I HATE ACT - sorry for the frustration. Trying to access an older database from 2009

I HATE ACT - sorry for the frustration. Trying to access an older database from 2009

Hi Guys:

I am running ACT 2010 and trying to open a database from 2009. 

"The Database February_1_2008 could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be neccessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server."

This is a local database. I will not upgrade, or payt for support. I will port to Salesforce or Sugar CRM.

Pleaes help. I surprise ACT is still around.

Thanks,

Tom

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: I HATE ACT - sorry for the frustration. Trying to access an older database from 2009

The usual fixes for that error are listed in this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19640

If still having issues:

Are you trying to restore from a backup (ZIP file)?
If not, what file(s) do you have?

BTW: This Sunday will be ACT!'s 25th Birthday :-)

Re: I HATE ACT - sorry for the frustration. Trying to access an older database from 2009

Tom,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. The most common reason for the error is the SQL Server service is not running. Please see this Knowledgebase article for a solution:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2821...

If this does not resolve, additional solutions are in the article Mike suggested above.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

If normal databases are ok, but not this one, could be the PAD file (if database manually copied from old machine)