Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How would you record meeting people at networking events and following up?

I guess I didn't ask my post as a question so, here goes.

I am new to ACT! I just bought the 2010 edition, and I have been reading the manual. There is discussion about setting up meetings with people etc.

I have been attending networking events and collecting business cards. I want to record that I have met Mr. X, and then I sent Mr. X a follow up note (snail mail). I also want to record briefly in History, I guess, what I said in the note that I mailed him.

Thanks.

Chelle

Copper Contributor

Re: How would you record meeting people at networking events and following up?

If I were in your position, I would...

1 - Create a new Contact from the business card you received from the meeting

2 - Record a History of the initial meeting(make changes to type, date and time adding any notes about the meeting in the Detail portion)

3 - Create new Activity Types for the type of follow up you are looking to do with the new contact.

Schedule - Manage - Activity Types - Add

I have added so many new ones that I am not sure what actually comes with ACT as a default.

4 - Schedule an Activity for a future date, I love the Recurrence Tab, helps me not forget to do something that needs to be done every week or month...

NOTE - you are able to attach a document to any activity. I have a monthly newsletter that I email and mail and I attach a copy on each contact that I have that reminder on.

Thank you,
Ann
Bronze Contributor

Re: How would you record meeting people at networking events and following up?

Great response from Ann.  I would add to make use of the source field too.  That way you can keep up with which networking event you attended. 

If you do a lot of these, don't forget that there are products that will scan the cards and put the information into ACT for you. 

Glad to see a new user and one who is focused on improving the efficiency of using technology to manage sales.  Good luck to you.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit