Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to update a contact's address based on the company address that has already been created?

How to update a contact's address based on the company address that has already been created?

I have numerous contacts that have fields without complete address information due to being entered in by different people over time.

I have the contact linked to a company and the company information is all complete and correct, but rather than individual updating each address field for the given contact, is there a way to simply have it pull from the company it is linked/associated with?

Thanks,
Brandon

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How to update a contact's address based on the company address that has already been created?

Well, if I understand your question, the answer I beleive is yes.

From the company, on the "Company" menu, you shall find "Update Linked Contacts".  This will indeed push out the address and any other fields that you may have linked between the two record types.

Keep in mind:  It will push out to ALL of the contacts linked to that company.  AND, it will REPLACE any data in all of those fields.

So, if you can live with that, then you're good to go.