Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to turn off pop up "unable to preform the requested action. there are no act address books set up at this time"

How to turn off pop up "unable to preform the requested action. there are no act address books set up at this time"

Hi

Can anyone help on the above error. i have recently bought a new computer with office 365 and installed latest version of ACT but  do not want sync with ACT address book and have not added it to outlook .however i get the error message every time I send a message from outlook which is a nuisance. Have tried various solutions with no success. At this stage i do not want to integrate ACT address with Outlook

Thanks

Administrator

Re: How to turn off pop up "unable to preform the requested action. there are no act address books set up at this time"

You can disable the integration between Act! and Outlook by going to Tools > Preferences > Email and Outlook Sync > Email System Setup and removing Outlook as your mail system.

Re: How to turn off pop up "unable to preform the requested action. there are no act address books set up at this time"

Thanks for the response. Sadly i did that fix already and both outlook and internet mail are unchecked in the boxes under preferences but i still get the error message every time i send a message.

Administrator

What is the exact error message you're seeing pop up?

You can remove the Act Address books from outlook manually by going to File > Account Settings > Address Books > Highlight the Act! Address book and hit remove.

"unable to preform the requested action. there are no act address books set up at this time"is the exact message in a pop up box. I have removed the Act address book already. Weird?

Administrator

Do you use other features of Outlook Integration (such as calendar sync)?

If not, you could simply disable the add-in in File > Options > Add-Ins

Alternatively, you could add the demo database as an address book. This won't sync with your database, but will prevent any errors showing up.

Thanks alot...this seems to have sorted it . much appreciated