Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to synchro between more pc´s over the internet...

Tuned Listener

How to synchro between more pc´s over the internet...

... I first have to say that I don´t have the premium version.

Does this mean that I will be able to synchro only inside an internal network and NOT over the internet?

My boss would like to create a synchro structure were he has the main DB and me and a colleague will have the remote databases. How can I create such a structure so that we can synchro from our homes? 

We all have ACT! 2008

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to synchro between more pc´s over the internet...

First, remember without the Premium version, the Publisher (main database) needs to be open and logged in to sync.

Set up a VPN... one esy way is as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6sanhf

Tuned Listener

Thanks a lot,

it worked , and we managed to sync once.

But now, I am trying to open my remote database and it says...

"...The database xyxyxyxyxyremote could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your netwoek connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on yourcomputer or the server."

I don´t believe that it´s a firewall problem, because it worked before and the firewall was on.

Could it be because now the PC with the main database is off now? I only want to open my remote database on my lapotop not synchronize. Is it necessary that the PC with the main database is on and with ACT and  Hamachi running to open it?

I hope not.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor