Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to suppress 100% of ACT!16 in order to re install it

How to suppress 100% of ACT!16 in order to re install it

Dear All,

I tried to suppress 100% of ACT!16 PREMIUM that does not launch any more. Impossible, it is always detected by ACT! when I try to re-install it and so still does not work...

I am stuck and I can't use it anymore as it does not launch.

Can you tell me how I can suppress 100% or to force the re-installation of the full software.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Julien

Bronze Contributor

Re: How to suppress 100% of ACT!16 in order to re install it

Good morning Julien.

I have had to remove and reinstall ACT many times in the past.  

Did you use the add / remove programs from program manager?  I've had success doing that in the past.

Good luck moving forward.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Good Morning John,

Yes ! I tried to remove using Windows 8.1 install/remove program and also with Ccleaner. I also try to delete with Explorer all the directory and files I found and also I closed all the ACT! progams in found in memory ! After 6 to 7 try, I stoped and decide to ask on the forum because still yesterday evening, impossible to open ACT!16.

Thnk you for your help.

best regards

Julien

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Julien,

thats maybe a problem if you allready started to manuell delete Act! so maybe this link could help you out.

Take a look if you forget anything.

Best Regards

David

www.crmaddon.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

The cause of your original problem was a damaged uninstall file saved in Windows when ACT! was originally installed. It's rare but it does happen, I've had it happen doing a client upgrade. You have two choices. In the knowledgebase there is a document for doing a manual uninstall of the ACT! program. It would be the safest but requires some in depth work in Windows that isn't risk free. The alternate is the uninstall utility available through the knowledge base (search for uninstaller). This is a use at your own risk. However, I've used it more than once with no problems.

Actually there is a third alternative, contact an ACT! Certified Consultant or ACT! technical support.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello David,

Thank you for these explanation, I have seen the procedure and it is not so easy ! But I have all the information. I try a last test and if it does not work, I will suppress by manually.

Thanks !

Julien

Hello Roy,

Thank you for your help ! I tried to remove ACT! with the automatic procedure and I removed  also SQL serveur ACT7.I was able to install but now, new problems... Impossible to open any of the databased I have created...

I have the possibility to format and reinstall Windows and all the softwares... Takes time, or as you said, to contact an ACT! Certified Consultant or ACT! technical support...

I will check the forum and decide tomorrow.

Best regards

Julien

Platinum Elite Contributor

Make sure you have all the service packs and hotfixes installed and it the database still won't open try opening it using the ADF option rather than the PAD.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

Try using the Act! uninstaller using this KB -  http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19338

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org