Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to send v-card type information from ACT! 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to send v-card type information from ACT! 2010

I frequently need to send contact information from an ACT! 2010 contact to another contact via email. The way I've been doing it is to copy the contact name from the name field, paste it into the email, go back to ACT! and copy the title from the title field, back to the email and paste in the title and so forth until I have all the info.  An alternative is to click the Write Letter button, which provides name, company and address and copy that info and paste it. But it doesn't include the title and phone and is a cumbersome work-around. There has to be an easier way--It's probably simple but I haven't figured it out.

I would appreciate a solution.

Thank you.

Danny G

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1dannyg2
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: How to send v-card type information from ACT! 2010

Keith, thank you very much for that suggestion. I'll actually probably use that feature more than the v-card feature.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

You can use the 'Send Vcard' option. Display the desired contact in detail view > click Contacts > select 'Send Vcard'.

On the receiving computer, double click on the attachment, it should prompt to import into ACT!.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thank you for the prompt reply. I just knew it was simple...I just didn't find it even after searching the knowledge base.

Thanks again.

d

Tuned Listener

Hi there

Even though it's not quite as powerful as the vcard option, another very quick solution if you just want to copy basic contact data and have it available to paste into many different applications, is to Lookup the relevant contact first, go to the Edit menu and choose Copy

Then go to any Windows program and paste in the details

Unfortunately, you cannot dictate what information is copied as it's hard coded into the system but if you want a quick way of copying, that will definitely work

All the best

Solution
Accepted by topic author 1dannyg2
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Keith, thank you very much for that suggestion. I'll actually probably use that feature more than the v-card feature.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Dan

Tuned Listener

No problem Dan, glad to be of help

All the best

Keith
Copper Contributor

Keith, I've used ACT! since the late 90s (maybe I shouldn't confess that considering how simple the answer to my request was both from Greg Martin and you). I've posted a few help requests over the years and I have to say your reply was the only one from a consultant that was actually a solution. I'm feel some replies I've gotten were simply to get their name posted.

Regards,

d

Tuned Listener

Dan

One of the things I've learned over the years, which to be fair has allowed me to build a hugely succesful following of ACT users all across the world, is that you must give first before you receive

A statement I stand by every single day in my business was from a great Internet Marketer named Zig Ziglar and he said

"If you help enough other people get what they want, in return you'll get everything you'll ever want from life"

And up to now, that philosophy has worked extremely well for me and even gave me the opportunity to technically review two massively popular worldwide published ACT books

That alone gave me unbelievable exposure which I would never have got, had I not given first

So like I said previously, glad to be of help