Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to search on Suffixes?

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

How to search on Suffixes?

How can I search on contact names "suffixes?" I sometimes want to narrow down a lookup to say people who are MDs.

Some contacts are Jane Doe, MD and John Doe, MD, etc.

Some are Jane Doe, M.D. or John Doe, M.D., with the periods in the suffixes.

I don't see a clear way to search on Suffixes at all. Does anyone know how to do this?

I have: Act! Pro Version 18.2.53.0, Update 4
Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author poweruser
‎03-13-2017 07:53 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: How to search on Suffixes?

Unless you had created your own "suffix" field you can't theoretically search for it as Act's suffix field is actually part of the Contact field. However, you could search on the contact field for MD using the operator "contains" and any contacts with MD as the suffix will show up.

Karen Fredricks
Tech Benders
561-470-5450

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author poweruser
‎03-13-2017 07:53 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Unless you had created your own "suffix" field you can't theoretically search for it as Act's suffix field is actually part of the Contact field. However, you could search on the contact field for MD using the operator "contains" and any contacts with MD as the suffix will show up.

Karen Fredricks
Tech Benders
561-470-5450
Astute Commentator

Great answer! That works. Plus when using the "advanced" link under the top left searching box, it can narrow the lookup! Thank you again!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Name Suffix is a searchable field in its own right.

When you enter a name in the contact field of ACT it will split it into 5 parts - Name Prefix - First Name - Middle Name Last Name - Name Suffix

To find M.D. Lookup - Select field - Name Suffix - and you will be able to search on suffix M.D.

Astute Commentator

I had no idea about that either! That also works. Thank you so very much both of you for the great information.