Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to retain display settings [ACT2009]?

Tuned Listener

How to retain display settings [ACT2009]?

New install of ACT2009. I have changed certain default displays by dragging borders. For example, I increased the size of the bottom section of the Contacts page; increased size of Monthly Calendar (reducing # of small calendars on the right from 4 to 2).

Yet, when I launch ACT the next time, the changes are lost. How do ensure any display setting changes are retained?

Thanks.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: How to retain display settings [ACT2009]?

The Preferences file may be damaged. Have a look at this article in the Knowledgebase 14618.
Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Tuned Listener

Finally had a chance to try your suggestion... didn't work. I make changes, but they don't 'stick'.

The most annoying has to do with the calendar size. I don't want 3 or 4 small months to the right; I only want 2. That way, the Monthly calendar is larger.

Any other ideas?

Copper Elite Contributor

Try KB# 14770, if that doesn't work try KB# 22879.  Make sure that you see the getting started wizard when starting ACT! the next time.  If you don't then the preferences didn't really reset.  Once the preferences are reset you shouldn't have any diffulty specifying the number of calendars that you would like.