Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to repair ACT2013 after a crash?

How to repair ACT2013 after a crash?

Hello ACT Community,

I am a very long time user of ACT, and have supported it over many versions, from the old DOS days right up to the present one ACTPRO2013. I belong to an international company with many employees, and people look to me for recommendations regarding ACT. (needless to say, this is very embarrassing)

I upgraded it from ACT 2010 a few months ago ,and now it locked up and I can't access the database. This is urgent as I look after Western Canada for ABB and I can't access my customer base on ACT.

I tried calling in. I have signed up on the ACT website, but still can't get any responses to my attempts, either on the website or by calling into the numbers given.

Update April 15, 2013:

I recieved an email from the ACT Community Moderator, and have successfully logged in so I could post this message.

I managed to get my ACT2013 running again, by downloading the "Single User mode error ..." file.

However, I cannot do any BU's, Copies, or Export, so I am toast if it totally crashes. (5300 contacts)

Can someone please contact me for assistance? I would be happy to provide screen shots of the error messages.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to repair ACT2013 after a crash?

[ Edited ]

Hello Lawrence,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. What exactly happens when you try to back up, export, etc.? Please provide screenshots or text of any error messages received.

If it is ""Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'... error 2601", then see this Knowledgebase article for a solution:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2814...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: How to repair ACT2013 after a crash?

I had ACT!PREMIUN 2012 and I migrate to ACT!PRO 2013, I have a problem, I made a backup of ACT!Mail but when I restore Email files , a lot of mails dissappear from Inbox and Sent box in the differents accounts. How do I repair it?