Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to remove Office 365 from Windows 8.1?

How to remove Office 365 from Windows 8.1?

[ Edited ]

I'm setting up a new computer with Windows 8.1 and plan to install ACT! Pro version 16. Haven't yet.  This is part of an upgrade from ACT! 2013 for a small 2-user network on older Window 7 computers.

Initially I installed Office 365 but after reading some of the discussion decided that will not work.   I uninstalled Office 365, but may not have removed enough.

1. What steps do  I need to take to clean out any remnants of the Office 365 install? 

2. Are there any important issues on the type of Windows account used, that is, Microsoft account vs. local account?

3. When I install Office 2013, how do I assure I get a "local installation"? 

I spent a bit of time today chatting with Microsoft tech support already.

Thanks in advance for any help, Dorothy

Re: How to remove Office 365 from Windows 8.1?

Update.  Ok.  I found Microsoft KB 2739501 which walked me through the steps to completely remove Office 365 from one Windows 8.1 machine.  That included deactivating the license and deleting the user and workstation from the license. 

It did not work for the other computer which was used to initially activate the Office 365 license, so I still need help there.

I've done a lot of reading on the Microsoft site, and haven't found recent instructions on how to install Office 2013 as a local install using MSI.  Since there are only 2 computers involved, I don't think we can explore volume licensing.