Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to register ACT2006 v.8.0 on a newly installed Win XP PC

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How to register ACT2006 v.8.0 on a newly installed Win XP PC

Hello,

I provide computer support to a client who is still using ACT 2006 v 8.0. They have three licenses, and three PCs, with their databse sitting on their W2003 Server. All of their PCs are old, and one of them crashed recently, with a dead hard drive. I've provided them with a clean Windows XP PC, where we've installed ACT 2006 v. 8.0.

We tried to register ACT but it is no longer possible to do that over the phone or Internet. They called customer support and were told to look for help in this online community.

I wonder if by anyone knows how to register this product again, or if there is a file that I can copy from their other two licensed PCs to this one the third one. As mentioned, they are are licensed for three PCs.

Upgrading to a new ACT version is not an option right now, so I am hoping to find a solution to this problem. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author btm02sf
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to register ACT2006 v.8.0 on a newly installed Win XP PC

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author btm02sf
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thank you, Mike. I will have my customer call again ACT support, to see what happens. I will report back here once we have an answer back or some other resolution.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Btm02sf,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Please send me a Private Message (click my Community name > select send Private Message in right column) with the serial number and I will check the number or registrations and reset if necessary.
Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you for your offer, Greg. My client called the support line this morning, and got the problem resolved.