Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to record an e-mail that has already been sent

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

How to record an e-mail that has already been sent

Just upgraded from XP, Outlook 2003 and Act 2008 and now Using Win 7 Act 2010 and Outlook 2007 .I know that I can just record a message from the sent box, but when my default is set to "send only subject and message" and I want to record the attachments as well, how do I do this. I see that when creating a new message I can go within outlook New Message > Add Ins > and make the change to send with attachments, but how does one record an e-mail with the attachments once the e-mail has already been sent and the default is set to save subject and message only?

I suppose I could go into Act and go thru the e-mail set up wizard and change the default to "save entire e-mail including attachments" then go and attach the e-mail to the contact and then go back again thru the setup wizard to change the default back. I am guessing this would work, but it seems there should be an easier way. Anyone know??

Thanks

Alan

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author epalanb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How to record an e-mail that has already been sent

Attaching already sent or inbound are going to only allow for the setting that you set in your prefs, as you mention.

It would be nice to change on the fly, but at this time we can't do that in this case.

You might look into some of the addons that are available for this kind of thing - they offer more flexibility and at least one of them  can likely do what you need...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author epalanb
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Attaching already sent or inbound are going to only allow for the setting that you set in your prefs, as you mention.

It would be nice to change on the fly, but at this time we can't do that in this case.

You might look into some of the addons that are available for this kind of thing - they offer more flexibility and at least one of them  can likely do what you need...

Astute Commentator

Thanks for the response. At least I know now. Changing in preferences is not the best, but it will work in a pinch........