Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to open an existing 2008 dbase from another drive?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How to open an existing 2008 dbase from another drive?

I have 2008 and I would like to open an existing 2008 dbase from a secondary drive. I replaced my motherboard due to failure and I now have a new primary drive but would like to access the dbase I was previously using. I have tried opening the dbase from the new install on my C drive and importing it with no luck. When I try to open it from my secondary drive(the D drive), an error shows as "that dbase could not be accessed. In order to access this dbase, check your network connection and verify that your dbase server is available. It may be necessary to disable the firewall" I have disabled the firewall.

I also tried opening that existing dbase but when I do it, it just opens the DEMO dbase that is there by default. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Chris Camacho

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author chriscamacho
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: How to open an existing 2008 dbase from another drive?

Ok, I figured it out and I would like to share with whoever runs in to this problem. As I mentioned in my post I have a new primary drive but my dbase is in what is now my secondary hard drive. I deleted the demo .PAD file that is in My Documents--->Act---->Act for Windows 10---->Databases. I then simply open the database(.ADF file) that was in my secondary hard drive and it took a few minutes to open and that was it. It did ask me for my user name and password which luckily I remembered. My disclaimer!!! I am not a technician, I am only posting what worked for me. I did not feel like paying technical support $45 for 1 phone call or the $100-$200 for a yearly fee. Good luck Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author chriscamacho
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: How to open an existing 2008 dbase from another drive?

Ok, I figured it out and I would like to share with whoever runs in to this problem. As I mentioned in my post I have a new primary drive but my dbase is in what is now my secondary hard drive. I deleted the demo .PAD file that is in My Documents--->Act---->Act for Windows 10---->Databases. I then simply open the database(.ADF file) that was in my secondary hard drive and it took a few minutes to open and that was it. It did ask me for my user name and password which luckily I remembered. My disclaimer!!! I am not a technician, I am only posting what worked for me. I did not feel like paying technical support $45 for 1 phone call or the $100-$200 for a yearly fee. Good luck Smiley Happy