Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to not attach the email into database for those contacts i sent under cc list?

How to not attach the email into database for those contacts i sent under cc list?

Dear all,

My outgoing emails (both To list and Cc list) are automatically attached to the contacts' history in databse.

How to not attach the email into database for those contacts i sent under cc list?

Since i always need to write to a single main contact and cc to more than hundred contacts....i wish to find a way so that the email will only automatically attach to that particular single main contact...otherwise it will bloat the database.

Thanks for any help and advice...

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: How to not attach the email into database for those contacts i sent under cc list?

This behavior is by design; when 'sending' an email it will attempt to attach to all matching email addresses in the To: and CC: of the email. There isn't an option for changing that behavior.

For received emails and using the 'Attach to ACT! Contacts' option, you can change the behavior of which contacts it will attach to through: Tools > Preferences... > Email and Outlook Sync tab > E-mail System Setup... > screen 6 of 8 > select desired option for 'Select what contacts get attached to the history'. Default setting for this option is '"From" contact only'.
Greg Martin
Sage

Re: How to not attach the email into database for those contacts i sent under cc list?

Thanks!