Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to map ACT Notes field into Outlook

Copper Contributor

How to map ACT Notes field into Outlook

I read this article and reviewed the mapped fields PDF file.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27400

I am trying to map Contact Notes in ACT into Outlook Contact - Notes Field but it appears there is no field name for Outlook to map to? Is this correct or is there a name for that field not listed?  If not, is there a workaround?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to map ACT Notes field into Outlook

Just for interest (as there may be an alternative solution) ... is there a reason you want the notes in Outlook?
Copper Contributor

i have some contacts that i want to forward to an employee and the notes could be helpful but I don't want to give him full access to all the database (at least not yet).

ACT is local right now and employee is out of the country so I have not explored setting up remote access or cloub-based hosting yet which is probably the next step.

it is also good to have it in Outlook as that is how I sync to my iphone but I have not looked at the mobile sollutions yet which may resolve this.

You could try exporting some of the record for the other user ... or setting up a sync set with just the records they need to access.

DO NOT use Outlook to sync to a phone/tablet ... it causes duplications or data loss.
Best to use Handheld Contact. See:
http://www.slideshare.net/GLComputing/handheld-contact-sage-act-mobile-solutions-comparison
Copper Contributor

you mean export to CSV or other format?

if I set a sync set, wouldn't they need access tot he whole db?

if I give them access with a login, how much can I control what they can view/edit/delete? i haven't looked into it yet but if I have many custom fields and dropdowns I created and would not wqaaant them to see all the data on each or possibly be able to export data, not sure if any of this is possible

right now i am just syncing my iphone with outlook and some of the contacts in outlook sync with a sync set I have set up. I do this since only part of my phone contacts are in ACT.  I have not looked at Handheld, is it a 3rd party app?  I eventually would want to have the full ACT DB on my phone and be able to view all the data/notes and have it all sync with the DB in the cloud or wherever it is.  Many of the contacts I don't want to be in my main iphone contact list so I'mm not usre how I could manage that without multiple DB in ACT and Outlook

No, to ACT! ... they'd need a copy of ACT! for that to work.

A set set is a limited segment of ACT! that you choose to sync with another user.

Yes, Handheld Contact has been the best way to sync phones to ACT! for 10 years :-)

Syncing to a phone via Outlook will eventually cause many problems in the data