Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to link the Call Contact button and Tasks

How to link the Call Contact button and Tasks

This is a little hard to describe, but something that has bugged me since I waved good bye to ACT! v6; I have just found this forum and so I am hoping that someone may be able to help out. In ACT! v6, when viewing tasks in the task list, if a task was selected and the Call Contact button clicked, ACT! would dial my contact and open up the Clear Activity window associated with the task that I was clearing by making the call. ACT! v8 opens up a Clear Activity wondow, but a new one and one not related to the activity, so using the pop-up leaves the task uncompleted. Is there a way to restore the logical behaviour of the v6 product? TIA.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to link the Call Contact button and Tasks

It's probably not the answer you're looking for, but I use itTAPI to do this. Also adds many other useful functions... you can download a trial and see if it works for you

Thanks for the reply Mike. Just after I made the post, I was told that we shall be upgrading ACT! to smooth out the issues with integration with MS Office; almost all folks in my company are on Office 2007 and simple functions like export to Excel do not work. So, when we have the latest ACT! and Office 2007, I will revisit the topic and see if those good people at Sage have had the wisdom to address this.
Platinum Elite Contributor

It's the same in the current version of ACT!.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.