Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to input into the Relationships Field

Copper Contributor

How to input into the Relationships Field

I am using  ACT Pro 2013,  Version 15.1.108.0, I use a local database on my Windows 7 Professional computer.  I am curious about this field.  I think I know what it is supposed to do, but I do not see a way to make it work. What I have discovered so far is that you click on the relationships tab, then click on relate contact.  You then go through entering your relationships and how you relate them to others in the database.  But when you are finished, I do not see an enter icon or something so you can get the data entered.  When I close the window, nothing happens either.  So, perhaps someone can tell me how to work this feature?  Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to input into the Relationships Field

[ Edited ]

Hello mezweig,

It sounds like you may not be seeing the whole window. It should look like this, with an OK button to click when you are done:

com_pic.jpg

This is most likely due to the DPI setting for your graphics being set higher than 96 (100%). This has been known to cause display issue in ACT!. See this Knowledgbase article regarding DPI settings and instructions to change:

http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2634...

If you do not wish to change your DPI settings (as it will make everything on your computer appear smaller), then you can instead use the keyboard shortcut for the OK button, which is Alt+O. This will save your Relate Contacts settings (as well as those for any other dialog box with an OK button).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thank Greig,

That solved the problem by using the Alt-O

Copper Contributor

Greig, I noticed that you copied and pasted a picture in your last post. Can you instruct me on how to do this?  I want to start a new thread with a screen shot.  I have tried to just copy and past the screen shot in, but nothing happens.  Please advise and thanks!

Copper Contributor

Never mind Greig, silly me, it was right in front of me. Thanks.