Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to get rid of trash after uninstall

How to get rid of trash after uninstall

I installed Act 9.0 last year and could not get it to work with my Outlook 2003 sp3. I uninstalled. Seemed to go away and I had no problems with outlook after.

This year I bought version 10. still did not work with outlook perhaps because of version 9 stuff left behind. don't know. i uninstalled version 10 though and it clearly left stuff behind. When outlook opens it makes 2 calls to Act programs that are not there--apparently one version 9 and one version 10 (Act9ext.dll and Redemption.dll). Outlook opens okay, but the system crashes about once  per day now and I suspect something going on with this stuff. Any idea how to get rid of these calls? Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to get rid of trash after uninstall

If you want to remove ACT! and then reinstall ACT! 10 cleanly. This will take a bit of time, but usually ends up with a better performing system.

Uninstall any version of ACT! from Windows Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs
Use the Uninstaller.exe from the ACT! KB 19338 (the exe, not the manual uninstall)
Uninstall .Net Framework (all versions) - this does NOT apply to Vista users as .Net 2.0 is part of the OS and can't be uninstalled
Uninstall any MS SQL items from the Control Panel if istill there
Uninstall MSXML Services from Control Panel if it's still there
Perform a Selective restart with MSCONFIG as per ACT! KB 14499
Install .Net 2.0 Framework from MS web site (again only for XP, not Vista)- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en
Manually install MS SQL as per ACT! KB 19386
Install ACT! 10
Install ACT! 10.01 patch if the previous install was the previous build
Restore from Selective Startup Mode with MSCONFIG
Reboot

I, too, am encountering pop-ups during Outlook startup noting missing ACT! library (.dll) files.  However, I have uninstalled ACT!, and I do not want to reinstall it on this computer.

Can I follow the "Uninstall" steps noted and stop before the reinstalls?

Or do I need to selectively use the uninstall steps?

Thanks!

JAK

The first 2 should do.
The next three if you're not running other apps with .Net or SQL

We're done with ACT!... After being a LONG time user, (back to 2.0 I think) we're fed up and done. Every product after 6.0 has been terribly slow and crashes our computers.  So, I've uninstalled everything related to Act!.  However, I'm still getting the error when I launch Outlook that says the Act! Add-In cannot be found and that I should remove it.  It points to a file no longer there, ACT9ext.dll. 

Any suggestions would be great.

Travis Mitchell

Debt Free Project

www.DebtFreeProject.com

I am getting the exactly same problem when I open my Microsoft Outlook (2007), but I am running Windows Vista Business.

I've just spent a couple hours on the phone with Microsoft support, but they don't know how to take the files from ACT out.

I live in Brazil, I called Sage here, but they don't have support for ACT here. I've tried looking in many different place on the web, but I can't find a solution for my problem.

My e-mail is: fabiocruz@stonesintl.com

Sincerely,

Fabio Cruz

Nickel Super Contributor

Outlook 2003

Tools / Options / Other / Advanced Options

Click on Add In Manager 

Uncheck ACT! Extensions

Outlook 2007

Tools / Trust Center / Add-Ins

Select COM Add-ins from the dropdown

Uncheck or Remove the ACT! Add-ins

Tks for your quick answer AJones;

By the way, I use Microsoft Outlook 2007.

I had already tried that with Microsoft Support, but it doesn't work. I get a message saying: "The connected state of Office Add-Ins registred in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE cannot be changed".

I remember we also tried to rename the folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.old, but it didn't work either.

Is there anything else we can try to do ?

Fabio Cruz

Fabio,

Are you still having this issue? What version of ACT! did you have installed?