Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to get all contacts from List View in Detail view? Is my ACT! program possessed?!

Copper Contributor

How to get all contacts from List View in Detail view? Is my ACT! program possessed?!

When I do a Lookup I see all the correct contacts in the List View.

But when I click on Detail View I only see the first contact at the top of the list (from the List View).

I used to be able to do this and then use the Forward Arrow to move through all the contacts one by one in the Detail View.

What is wrong?

I have Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, Hot Fix 2 and use Windows 7 in a new computer.

Help!!!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: How to get all contacts from List View in Detail view? Is my ACT! program possessed?!

Generally the Detail button will take you to the highlighted contact, what happens if you double click on a specific contact within the Contact List view?
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: How to get all contacts from List View in Detail view? Is my ACT! program possessed?!

Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for responding.

Yes, I can still access the individual contact from the highlighted single contact in the List View when I click on the Detail View button.  And then I can click on the Back button to return to the List View.

However suddenly I can no longer highlight a select number of contacts in the List View, right click, choose Go To Contact, and then see the selected contacts in the Detail View together.  No Forward arrow button is click-able.

This is an incredibly useful thing to do from the Task List and I can no longer do that now.

I had a crash on my computer while ACT! was running and suspect that this might have altered something in the ACT program.  (Thank you National Geographic!).  After rebooting the computer twice, I ran the ACT Database Maintenance/Check and Repair and have rebooted several times as well since then.

This is a one-month old computer with Windows 7 and runs like a top otherwise.

Any suggestions are deeply appreciated!

Platinum Super Contributor

Update: this issue was resolved in the following post - http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Where-can-I-find-complete-instructions-on-uninstalling-and/td-p...
Greg Martin
Sage