Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to get Contact Notes prior to linking to stay with company

How to get Contact Notes prior to linking to stay with company

Is there any way to have old notes from a contact (notes made prior to being linked to a company) stick with that company after we unlink the contact?

I see that any note made while linked will stick, but we have not been using the Companies (everyone is a contact) and are considering converting our contacts to companies and linking them. It would be awesome if all the old notes for the contacts would stick with the company if we ever need to move a contact to another company.

We are using Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 6.

Any input would be great, even if it is confirmation that there is no way to do this.

Re: How to get Contact Notes prior to linking to stay with company

Just found the Copy/Move Contact Data - is this a way we can move contact activity, notes, etc. to a company so they stick? would be so cool. I'm trying it, but still looking for input from you geniuses!

Alas, that didn't work. Can only copy contact info, not notes, history or activities.

But, I'm able to highlight the notes, copy & paste them into the new contact attached to the old company.

They still don't "stick" to the linked company once the contact is unlinked.

so... help.

Silver Super Contributor

The only way to do what you want to do without using an addon is to edit each note individually and then associate them manually with the company.  To process all of the notes at once you would need an addon.  I have written one that is similar but not exactly like what you want to do.  Feel free to contact me offline if you would like to have a custom addon written to do it.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!