Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to get ACT to recognize Google meetings with ACT activity type/icon for meeting to show up as meeting in Dashboard

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How to get ACT to recognize Google meetings with ACT activity type/icon for meeting to show up as meeting in Dashboard

I posted this mistakenly under newsletter.  So this is a repeat question.

How do I get ACT to recognize meetings I scheduled in Google once I sync with ACT with an activity type/icon for meeting?  Right now it shows up as an envelope with wings.  These meetings then don't show up as a meetings when I run my dashboard for activities.  

I have ACT Pro 2012. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ktmurphy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to get ACT to recognize Google meetings with ACT activity type/icon for meeting to show up as meeting in Dashboard

Try a Google Event with Additional Attendees

To see how they are mapped, go to this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27988

Go to Calendar Sync, then open the section on mapping.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ktmurphy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: How to get ACT to recognize Google meetings with ACT activity type/icon for meeting to show up as meeting in Dashboard

Try a Google Event with Additional Attendees

To see how they are mapped, go to this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27988

Go to Calendar Sync, then open the section on mapping.

Thanks for the info and suggestion. I set up the meeting in Google with multiple attendees.  It is recognized as a meeting in ACT, but does not carry the meeting icon in the list view of activities.  

Thanks,

Karen

I think that activities created via Google or Outlook have different icons to show where they came from.

Also, keep good backups ... some Google changes can cause activities to be wiped from ACT! or duplicated. And definitely don't use it to sync to a phone... Google sometimes links contacts causing them to be removed from ACT! without your knowledge.